2015 Standard Specifications for Public Works Construction - (Print and eBook Combo)
NOTE: To access the eBook portion of this combo package, please register on www.constructionworkzone.com (registration is free). Then, please call us at 1.888.264.2665 (M-F) between 9:00 AM and 7:30 PM Eastern time, and we will confirm your purchase and activate this publication in your personal eBook library. A print edition will also be shipped to you.
Published every three years, the 2015 Edition represented the most comprehensive and important update to the "Greenbook" in over a decade. Over 30 major changes had been added since the 2012 Edition. This edition of the "Greenbook" is much more consistent with Caltrans while going, in some ways, beyond the scope of Caltrans to meet the needs of local agencies more completely.
The 2015 Edition added new specifications for water system facilities and appurtenances and includes:
- An extensive revision of Section 306: Underground Conduit Construction, to address construction of both gravity and pressure pipelines
- A new Part 6: Temporary Traffic Control
- A new Part 7: Traffic Signal and Street Lighting Systems
- And a new Part 8: Landscaping and Irrigation
The Greenbook is adopted by many municipalities for providing standard construction specifications on public works construction. It's especially useful when comparing competitive bids among contractors, or for contractors in making sure their bids conform to required specs.
The Greenbook is designed to aid in furthering uniformity of plans and specifications accepted and used by those involved in public works construction and to take such other steps as are designed to promote more competitive bidding by private contractors.
This book provides specifications that have general applicability to public works projects:
- Roadway Surfacing
- Metal Fabrication and Construction
- Underground Conduit Construction
- Street Lighting and Traffic Signals
- Landscaping and Irrigation Installation
- Pavement Marker Placement and Removal