The scope of the International Building Code covers all buildings except detached one and two family dwellings and townhouses not more than 3 stories in height.
The 2009 International Building Code features time-tested safety concepts, structural, and fire and life safety provisions covering:
- Means of egress
- Interior finish requirements
- Comprehensive roof provisions
- Seismic engineering provisions
- Innovative construction technology
- Occupancy classifications
- And industry standards in material design!
The ICC International Building Code is founded on broad-based principles that make possible the use of new materials and new building designs.