The Caltrans Standard Specifications is the gold standard for road and highway work in California.
It covers general provisions including:
- Definitions and terms
- Proposal requirements
- Contract requirements
- Control of the work
- Control of the material
- Legal requirements and responsibility
- Dust control requirements
- Construction area traffic control devices
- Requirements for clearing, grading, and finishing roadways
The 2010 Caltrans Standard Specifications also discusses:
- Requirements for subbases and bases including lime stabilization, aggregate, cement, and lean concrete
- Surfacing and pavements including bituminous seals, ashalt concrete, portland cement, and groove and grind pavement
- Structures and signs, drainage facilities, traffic control facilities, and just about all materials used in road and highway construction
If you're looking for a reference that covers all the requirements for roads and highways in the State of California you need this comprehensive guide. Order yours now!