The International Mechanical Code Establishes minimum regulations for mechanical systems using prescriptive and performance-related provisions. First introduced in 1996, the IMC was developed with broad-based principles that make possible the use of new materials, methods and design.
Changes to the 2012 IMC include:
- New and existing mechanical systems must be maintained in accordance with ASHRAE/ACCA/ANSI Standard 180
- Parking garage exhaust now defined as environmental air
- Includes specifications for grease reservoirs in commercial cooking exhaust duct systems
- Includes requirements for underground grease ducts
- Air dispersion systems are now allowed
- New requirements for evaporative coolers
Avoid violations and order your 2012 International Mechanical Code today!