The International Swimming Pool and Spa Code (ISPSC) is the first comprehensive swimming pool code that coordinates with the provisions of the International Codes to meet the requirements of the Virginia Graeme Baker Act for upgrading pool safety.
Developed with the support of the Association of Pool and Spa Professionals (APSP), the codebook will encompass the design, installation and inspection of aquatic facilities, based on ANSI (APSP) standards, technology, and code provisions.
- Public swimming pools
- Public spas
- Permanently installed residential spas
- Above-ground/on-ground residential swimming pools
- Residential in-ground swimming pools
- Portable spas
- Aquatic recreational facilities
- Barriers for all residential pools and spas
- Water quality and suction entrapment avoidance for these facilities