The 2013 California Electrical Code contains the electrical building standards of state adopting agencies. Part 3 includes the full text of the 2011 National Electrical Code, with all California additions, changes, and deletions clearly shown so that you can quickly find the California amendments that have been added, deleted, or changed.
Changes in the 2013 CA Electrical Code include:
- Changes to regulations on buildings or other structures supplied by a feeder(s) or branch circuit(s)
- Changes in code requirements for pull and junction boxes, conduit bodies, and hand holes
- Changes on enclosures for use on systems over 600 volts, multi-outlet assembly installations, and outdoor overhead conductors over 600 volts
- New requirements on small wind electric systems
- Added regulations for optional standby electrical systems
- Requirements added to premises-powered broadband communications systems
- New requirements on conductor stranding
The 2013 California Electrical Code is updated every three years in conjunction with the California Code of Regulations, Title 24. These regulations, or standards, implement the State's statutes and have the same force of law.
Make sure that you stay up-to-date with new requirements. Order your 2013 California Electrical Code today!
Your 2013 California Electrical Code arrives in a deluxe loose leaf binder format. Fill out the update form included and you'll automatically receive updates with all amendments and changes issued by the State of California through 2016 at no additional cost.