A comprehensive reference for architects and engineers, this GreenSource book provides practical design and installation guidelines for some of the most commercially viable alternative energy technologies. Construction materials, system deployment, typical installations, and environmental impact are covered.
Alternative Energy Systems in Building Design includes information on LEED design, energy conservation, and solar power financing and return on investment. Power purchase agreements (PPAs) and national and international carbon cap and trade are also discussed. Valuable appendices contain detailed design data tables and certified equipment listings.
Alternative Energy Systems in Building Design covers:
- Solar power system physics and technologies
- California solar initiative program
- Energy conservation
- Passive heating solar technologies
- Fuel cell technology
- Wind energy technologies
- Ocean energy technologies
- Hydroelectric and micro-hydro turbine power
- Geothermal energy
- Biofuel, biogas, and thermal depolymerization technologies
- Fission- and fusion-type nuclear power
- Air pollution abatement
About the Author: Peter Gevorkian, Ph.D., P.E. is president of Vector Delta Design Group, Inc., an electrical engineering and solar power design consulting firm. He is the author of Sustainable Energy Systems in Architectural Design, Sustainable Energy Systems Engineering, and Solar Power in Building Design.