The specifications in the ANSI A117.1-2009: Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities standard make sites, facilities, buildings, and elements accessible to and usable by people with almost any type of physical disability.
The intent of the ANSI A117.1-2009 Standard is to allow a person with physical disability to independently get to, enter, and use a site, facility, building, or element.
The ANSI A117.1-2009 features:
- Coordination of requirements for various dwelling types
- Technical requirements for Type C (Visitable) Units added
- Variable Message Signs (i.e. gate information in airports)
- Better consistency of sign requirements regarding when raised characters and Braille are required
- Location of toilet paper dispenser (more design options, recessed fixtures addressed, single point of measurement)
- New chapter for a variety of types of recreational facilities
These new recreational criteria are intended to provide a level of coordination between the accessible provisions of this standard and the revised Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA/ABA AG).
This is a must have reference for facility professionals, building owners, architects, designers, and code officials that need to stay up to date with Accessibility Standards.
Order your ANSI A117.1-2009 Standard now!