Dozens of updates to the AWS D1.1 Structural Welding Code - Steel make this 2020 Edition indispensable for anyone designing, building, or inspecting steel structures and products.
What's in the AWS D1.1 Structural Welding Code: For everyone involved in any phase of welding steel structures - engineers, detailers, fabricators, erectors, inspectors, etc. - the new 604-page edition of the AWS D1.1 Structural Welding Code spells out the requirements for design, procedures, qualification, fabrication, inspection, and repair.
A wide range of projects, repairs, and product forms come under its authority, including pipe, plate, and structural shapes that are subject to either static or cyclical stresses.
The 2020 AWS D1.1/D1.1M: Structural Welding Code includes:
- Design of tubular and nontubular welded connections
- Prequalification of welding procedures
- Qualification of new procedures and personnel
- Fabrication requirements, including base metals, consumables and tolerances
- Inspection requirements and acceptance criteria for various examination methods
- Stud welding design, production, and inspection requirements
- Strengthening and repair of existing structures
- An extensive commentary annex that provides time-saving interpretation
- Dozens of valuable reference tables, charts, and forms
- And much more
If you design, build or inspect steel structures or products, this reference will show you how and where welds are to be done!