This standard presents essential procedures for the disinfection of new and repaired potable water mains.
Topics covered include:
- Forms of chlorine disinfection
- A description of the disinfection procedure
- Preventive and corrective measures during construction
- Methods of chlorination
- Final flushing
- Bacteriological testing
- Final connections to existing mains
- Disinfection procedures when cutting into or repairing existing mains
- Special procedures for caulked tapping sleeves
- And more!
- Chlorine residual testing
- Chlorine dosages
- Disposal of heavily chlorinated water