Building Type Basics for Recreational Facilities guides architects and designers through the basics of programming, designing, and planning many types of recreational facilities, including:
- Golf and country clubhouses
- Tennis, aquatic, skiing, and equestrian support facilities
- Spas and fitness centers
It also tackles the practical challenges architects, engineers, and consultants face in creating attractive and financially viable leisure facilities. Using the highly visual, nuts-and-bolts approach that has become the trademark of the Building Type Basics series, this practical guide offers techniques for incorporating environmental planning into recreation building design.
Building Type Basics for Recreational Facilities:
- Asks and answers twenty questions that frequently arise in the early phases of a project commission
- Provides project photographs, diagrams, floor plans, and sections
- Includes design guidelines for a variety of recreational facilities, including new construction and renovation projects
Like every Building Type Basics book, this guidebook provides authoritative information instantly and saves architects and facility planners countless hours of research. Engineering consultants will also find in this volume a wealth of information to help them tackle recreational facilities commissions of every kind and scale.
This conveniently organized quick reference is an invaluable guide for busy, dedicated professionals who want to get moving quickly as they embark on a new project!