If you're interested in getting new jobs by expanding the usable living space in your customer's homes, finishing a basement is a smart way to make it happen. In this new and revised edition of Remodeling a Basement, you'll find a wide range of inspiring design ideas for turning a basement into a comfortable, functional space.
From cover to cover, you'll get all the expert advice, inside tips, and step-by-step instructions you'll need to make basement conversions a reality. All are presented in step-by-step manner with lots of valuable photos and drawings that illustrate the finer points of how to do the actual work.
From family rooms, bathrooms, and laundry rooms to workshops and hobby rooms, the author shows you how to build a whole new level of comfort into every basement job you take on.
Here's an example of the timely, in-depth information you'll find:
- Every construction detail is updated to reflect the latest building code
- All the basic construction techniques you'll need are here
- Nuts and bolts information about wiring, plumbing, windows and doors
- Brand new content about egress windows
- How to tackle common basement building challenges, like framing on concrete, evacuating water, and working around heating and plumbing fixtures
If you were thinking of specializing in basement renovations but lacked an idea book, this book has everything you need to get started!