Building Information Modeling (BIM) integrates 3D drawings and 4D animations to dramatically improve the communication, coordination, and planning of construction projects, while reducing risks, errors, and costs.
Building Information Modeling is an in-depth resource that shows architects and building professionals how to capitalize on BIM concepts, tools, and techniques for their own building projects.
- An in-depth explanation of BIM concepts, tools, and techniques
- Guidance on applying BIM to new and retrofit construction projects
- More than 200 photos, charts, diagrams, and details of the BIM process
- Detailed case studies
Inside this comprehensive guide to BIM technology you'll find:
- The Setting for BIM
- Current Practice
- Legal Considerations Building Information Modeling
- BIM Planning
- BIM Implementation Software Tools
- Modeling Tools
- Model Production
- Model Analysis
- Specific software options for learning BIM
- Learning methods
- Skill Sets
- Case Studies
If BIM is just a "buzzword" to you, this book will help you to make it real and to put its power to real use!