The 2019 California Electrical Code is based upon the 2017 NEC, which is the state standard for all 50 states for electrical hazard protection from electrical design to installation to inspection. Based on the premise of protecting people and property, Part 3 integrates the full text of the 2017 NFPA 70 and the changes clearly marked as additions, deletions, or modifications.
Changes in the 2019 California Electrical Code include:
- Extended information on arc fault circuit interrupter (AFCI) & ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) safeguards in houses
- Ongoing safety measures on installs for electrical workers
- New approaches on low voltage power distribution
- New coverages regarding photovoltaic (PV) electric systems safety
- Updates to voltage levels employed in the code
- Plus several others regarding secure utitlization of the newest electrical technology and systems.
The 2019 California Electrical Code is updated every three years based on the California Code of Regulations, Title 24. These regulations implement the State's statutes and have the same force of law.
Stay compliant with the new updates. Order your 2019 California Electrical Code, Title 24, today!
The 2019 California Electrical Code, Title 24, comes packaged in a heavy duty loose leaf binder.