Based on the 2015 IBC and ACI 318-14, this book provides the guidance and information that inspectors and related professionals need to become more proficient and professional in relating to concrete field practices and inspection.
This text on concrete inspection will provide the inspector with an understanding of the scientific principles that underlie sound practices and will assist the inspector in making rational rather than arbitrary decisions.
The Concrete Manual provides the guidance and information that inspectors and related professionals need to become more proficient and professional in relating to concrete field practices and inspection.
The information provided will increase the technical capabilities of jurisdictional inspectors in the performance of their inspection duties.
- Introduces concrete and explain what it is and why it behaves as it does
- Explain conventional concrete construction procedures
- Covers special concrete technologies such as autoclaved, self-consolidating and pervious
- Discusses control and inspection procedures
- Explores statistical quality control methods and their application to concrete construction
- Details proper field testing procedures
- Details proper placement of reinforcement
Includes resources such as a list of the concrete industry and technical organizations to contact for additional information, as well as exclusive online access to the Concrete Manual Workbook, which contains learning objectives, lesson notes, key points for studying and quizzes for each chapter.
The answer key includes references to the applicable sections of the Concrete Manual.
If you're looking for a book that explains what to look for in the testing and placement of concrete, this is your guide!