Here at last is a handbook that shows step-by-step how you can utilize the Project Management Institute's PMBOK methodology to gain greater control over (and minimize risk associated with) even the most complex construction projects.
As you probably know, project owners, including the GSA and DOD, are increasingly requiring Project Management Institute methodology for construction management employees and contracts.
In a clear, straightforward manner Construction Project Management shows you how to apply the latest PMI theory and practices to all aspects of a project including:
- Selecting a project delivery method.
- Costing, scheduling, and scope management.
- Accounting, finance, insurance, and code review.
- Cost control, risk management, quality control and safety.
- Contract documents, sustainability and LEED.
Construction Project Management is different from other books in the field because it integrates all the knowledge areas and process groups defined by the Project Management Institute into construction management, while maintaining familiar construction industry terminology.
In easy to understand language, this new text explains and analyzes the latest information, theory and practices for:
- Construction industry players and construction management processes
- Project delivery methods Costing, scheduling and scope management
- Accounting, finance, insurance, law, regulations and codes
- Cost control, risk management and safety
- TQM, AIA and AGC documents, and sustainability and LEED
The author,J.F. McCarthy, MBA, CFP, PMP, has four decades of experience in industrial, commercial and institutional construction management. He is the president of JF McCarthy Inc., a construction management firm he founded in 1985.
Order today and start applying PMI theory and practices to all aspects of your projects.