Designed for construction managers, business owners, engineers, and contractors, Construction Contract Claims, Changes, and Dispute Resolution will best prepare you for the ups and downs in the construction management field.
From project initiation to completion, it is not unusual for modifications of the plan to take place. Sometimes additional work is needed, while other problems that surface may cause a need for a contract change. Unfortunately, things don't always go according to plan, and a dispute may arise.
The practical advice in this book was pulled from over 30 attorneys and construction consultants. Based on actual federal and heavy construction cases, the straightforward advice in this manual will help you plan for success and avoid common pitfalls.
You'll find valuable information for all sectors; residential, commercial, local government, and small businesses. Whether you own a private business or work for the city, don't let the challenges of contract claims and change orders slow you down. Be prepared with the knowledge to plan for any situation that arises and have the resources needed for any conflicts that arise. This construction contract book articulately combines construction legal principles with usable guidance. As the newest edition, this publication accounts for all of the evolving aspects of construction law today!
Inside you'll find information on:
- Claim Identification and Notification
- Differing Site Conditions
- Interpretation and Requirements of Contract Specifications
- Construction Project Delays and Time Extensions
- Acceleration and Mitigation of Project Delays
- Records and Documentation
- Use of Project Schedules and the Critical Path Method in Claims
- Impact on Labor Productivity from Claims and Change Orders
- Subcontractors and Suppliers
- Pricing Construction Claims, Change Orders, and Negotiations
- Dispute Avoidance and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Termination of Construction Contracts
- Bonds and Liens
- Insurance Issues: Construction Claims of a Different Nature
- Alternative Project Delivery: Claims in Design-Build, Guaranteed Maximum Price, and Other Delivery Methods
This book was reviewed in the March/April 2017 edition of Design Cost Data magazine.