Design and Control of Concrete Mixtures -- the guide to applications, methods, and materials -- has been the industry's primary reference on concrete technology for over 90 years. This fully revised 16th Edition is a concise, current reference on concrete, that includes the many advances that occurred since the last edition was published in 2011.
The text is backed by over 100 years of research by the Portland Cement Association. It reflects the latest information on standards, specifications, test methods and guides of ASTM International (ASTM), the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO), the American Concrete Institute (ACI), and the National Ready Mixed Concrete Association (NRMCA).
This book presents the properties of concrete as needed in concrete construction, including strength and durability. All concrete ingredients (cementing materials, water, aggregates, chemical admixtures, and fibers) are reviewed for their optimal use in designing and proportioning concrete mixtures. The use of concrete from design to batching, mixing, transporting, placing, consolidating, finishing, and curing is addressed.
This book is a must have for anyone involved with concrete!
The 16th Edition also includes a foreward by William F. Baker, PE, SE, FIStructE Partner, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP.
Table of Contents:
- Chapter 1 Introduction to Concrete
- Chapter 2 Paving
- Chapter 3 Structures
- Chapter 4 Sustainability
- Chapter 5 Portland, Blended and Other Hydraulic Cement
- Chapter 6 Supplementary Cementitious materials
- Chapter 7 Mixing Water for Concrete
- Chapter 8 Aggregates for Concrete
- Chapter 9 Chemical Admixtures for Concrete
- Chapter 10 Fibers
- Chapter 11 Reinforcement
- Chapter 12 Properties of Concrete
- Chapter 13 Volume Changes of Concrete
- Chapter 14 Durability
- Chapter 15 Specifying, Designing and Proportioning
- Chapter 16 Batching, Mixing, Transporting, and Handling Concrete
- Chapter 17 Placing and Finishing Concrete
- Chapter 18 Curing Concrete
- Chapter 19 Hot Weather Concreting
- Chapter 20 Cold Weather Concreting
- Chapter 21 Test Methods
- Chapter 22 High-Performance Concrete