Electrical Wiring Residential updated to comply with the 2014 National Electrical Code, is a bestselling book that has already helped many electricians learn the basics of residential wiring in both new and existing homes
The Electrical Wiring Residential uses a practical approach and comprehensive coverage to guide you step-by-step through the critical tasks and responsibilities that face today's professional residential electricians. With coverage of energy conservation laws like Title 24, as well as today's important concepts such as ground fault circuit interrupters, smoke, heat, and carbon monoxide alarms, 2014 NEC requirements for house wiring, and Solar Photovoltaic Systems.
A unique feature of Electrical Wiring Residential is the sets of plans in the back of the book that offer you opportunities for hands-on practice in interpreting and applying Code requirements, making this an ideal resource for any electrician who will work in the residential electrical industry. The Electrical Wiring Residential also contains updated Illustrations coordinated with the latest NEC regulations.
- Contains new, updated photographs, diagrams, and illustrations that add clarity to explanations of critical concepts
- Includes expanded coverage on safety in the workplace from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) that encourages your students to consider safety on an ongoing basis
- Uses real-world examples throughout to reinforce key calculations and concepts
- Uses both metric and English measurements to appeal to students of all learning backgrounds
- Includes a Code Cross-Index that allows your students to easily reference specific content and Code requirements
New to this edition:
- Revised to comply with the 2014 National Electrical Code
- Contains updated Illustrations that are coordinated with the latest NEC regulations
- Includes a new chapter on Solar Photovoltaic Systems