NOTE: To access the eBook portion of this combo package, please register on www.constructionworkzone.com (registration is free). Then, please call us at 1.888.264.2665 (M-F) between 9:00 AM and 7:30 PM Eastern time, and we will confirm your purchase and activate this publication in your personal eBook library. A print edition will also be shipped to you.
Printable and searchable! The eBook portion of this combo is compatible with all browser/device platforms. For a single user or computer.
This illustrated booklet describes the most up-to-date industry recommendations for the proper installation and finishing of gypsum board, including related accessories, over a variety of substrates and framing.
The new 2016 specification provides appropriate installation methods for most gypsum panels, including:
- The more common regular and type X wallboards
- Specialized performance boards such as glass mat water-resistant gypsum panels
- Abuse-resistant and impact-resistant gypsum panels
GA-216 is referenced in the International Building Code as an appropriate standard for the application and installation of gypsum boards and panels.
This product is popular among residential, multifamily, and commercial builders due to its combination of high thermal mass and insulation, which reduce heating and cooling costs. Gypsum wallboard is the most popular interior finish for these structures and GA-216 provides needed guidance in this growing construction field.
The Booklet Features:
- New specifications for the application of gypsum panels to flat wall insulating concrete forms (ICFs)
- Application of single-and multi-layer gypsum panel products to wood framing members
- Gypsum panel product application over steel framing and furring
- Semi and solid gypsum panel products partitions
- Adhesive application of gypsum panel products to interior masonry, concrete, or brick walls
- Gypsum panel product application over rigid plastic foam insulation
- Application of rigid predecorated combustible panels (paneling) to gypsum substrate
- Applying gypsum panel products to outside corners, arches, and curves
Architects and specifiers consult GA-216 to:
- Ensure proper handling and storage of wallboard on the jobsite
- Guide installation of gypsum boards over appropriately spaced and installed wood or steel framing
- Determine when and if control joints should be used, to name just a few examples
Installers rely on GA-216 to determine appropriate methods of installation. It guides wallboard layout, selection of fastener types, and fastener spacing for many different gypsum panel types. A new detail illustrates and clarifies existing language describing the proper placement of joints around window and door openings.
The GA-216-2016 is an invaluable resource for owners, specifiers, installers, and code officials. Order your copy today!