Here's a Book/CD-ROM combination that work together to give you every possible way to study for the boiler operation licensing exam.
The comprehensive interactive CD-ROM included in the book features the following:
- Quick Quizzes that reinforce fundamental concepts, with 10 interactive questions for each chapter
- An Illustrated Glossary of industry terms, with links to selected illustrations and media clips
- Flash Cards that offer an interactive review of common boiler terms
- Sample Licensing Exams that help prepare for a computer-based boiler operation licensing examination
- Media Clips that depict boiler principles and procedures through video clips and animated graphics
- Links to online resources related to boiler operation and training
High Pressure Boilers is a comprehensive resource that can be used for licensing examination preparation, for upgrading skills, or as an invaluable reference. Nearly 1000 review questions are presented to assist in exam preparation.
New and updated content in this edition includes the following:
- EPA requirements
- Combustion control technology
- Energy efficiency
- Building automation and LEED standards
This new edition includes the latest information on safe and efficient operation of high pressure boilers and related equipment. The content and format of the book are specifically designed for use in preparation for obtaining a boiler operator's license.
High Pressure Boilers is a complete instructional package for preparing to pass a boiler operator licensing exam. The text/workbook contains over 750 sample licensing exam questions from licensing exam agencies and expanded exam preparation techniques.
The CD-ROM that is included inside the text contains four interactive Sample Licensing Exams. Coverage of the latest combustion control technology and EPA regulations and their implications have been included with this new edition. All aspects of high pressure boilers are discussed and illustrated, and a comprehensive glossary and new appendix provide helpful reference material.
- Steam boiler operations
- Boiler operation safety
- Combustion and computer-assisted combustion controls
- Boiler water treatment
- And a comprehensive illustrated Glossary
Exams follow the text in each chapter and are used to test understanding of the information presented in the chapter.
Study with this Book/CD-ROM combination and you're likely to have a fighting chance in passing the exam and paving your way towards higher pay!