The Second Edition of Hydrogeology Field Manual provides information on applied applications in groundwater sampling and water-quality assessment, aquifer characterization, contamination issues, karst applications, and more. Hydrogeology Field Manual includes actual procedures, real-world decisions, and many examples and case studies to help you understand the occurrence and movement of groundwater in a variety of geologic settings.
The Second Edition of Hydrogeology Field Manual features:
- Sage advice on how to collect hydrogeologic field data
- Guidance on drilling methods, safety, and work with drilling contractors
- A practical description of slug testing
- Effective site characterization methods
- Expert advice on monitoring-well design
- Over 250 skills-building illustrations and photos
- Two new chapters on karst hydrogeology, including characterization and performing dye tracer tests
All chapters have new material, including more examples and worked problems. Experienced hydrogeologists and those in related fields will also welcome the practical time-saving and trouble-avoidance tips.
If you are a working professional needing a ready reference to assist you with field-related matters, this is your book!