Providing a unique approach to learning the Code, the Illustrated Guide to the NEC uses highly detailed, technically accurate illustrations and visuals to break down and simplify the expanding volume and complexity of the 2008 National Electrical Code.
By translating the sometimes vague, complicated wording of the Code into straightforward illustrations and clear explanations, this book provides a resource that will facilitate comprehension and application of Code requirements for beginning and master electricians alike.
Material is organized logically, covering fundamental provisions first, and then grouping code requirements by the type of occupancy, beginning with one-family dwellings, and progressing on to multi-family, commercial locations, and special occupancies.
This organization is not only logical but also reflects how information is needed when working in the electrical industry, better preparing readers for the real world. Its comprehensive coverage, innovative learning approach, and industry-based organization make this an indispensable supplement to the NEC, whether users need information on a specific area, or need to learn the Code from cover to cover.
- High quality Calculation Worksheets provide readers with the most straightforward, error-proof method of performing essential, complex calculations
- Unit Objectives introduce new ideas and set the stage for the topics to be covered
- Summaries are included in every chapter to reinforce what has been learned
- Competency tests check reader comprehension and provide the opportunity to identify and re-learn difficult concepts
- New full color format helps students better understand the concepts presented
Instructor's Guide provides key illustrations that are ideal for transparencies, multiple comprehensive final exams, answers and explanations to unit competency tests, and a forms section which contains blank copies of all forms used throughout the book.