Low Pressure Boilers, the industry leader among boiler operation texts, has been enhanced with new coverage of personal protective equipment, burner control systems, steam principles, and emission analysis and control.
An updated "Cooling Systems" chapter covers:
- Refrigeration principles and equipment
- Chilled water systems
- And refrigerant recovery procedures
This full-color text is a must for operators of boiler systems used in hotels, apartment buildings, schools, and other large institutions. Boiler systems and related equipment are depicted in full-color illustrations complemented by concise text.
This text is recommended by many licensing agencies for use as a study aid in preparing for licensing examinations. A sample licensing examination, with answers, is included to help learners prepare for an examination.
The interactive CD-ROM included with the book is a study aid with the following features:
- Quick Quizzes that reinforce fundamental concepts, with 10 questions per chapter
- An Illustrated Glossary of industry terms, with links to video clips and animated graphics
- Flash Cards that enable a review of common boiler vocabulary terms
- Master Math Applications for those learners who wish to begin preparation for a more advanced license
- Sample Licensing Exams to help practice for a licensing examination
- Media Clips that depict boiler principles through video clips and animated graphics
- Access to ATPResources.com, which provides a comprehensive array of instructional resources
If you're studying for the exam this book is perfect for your needs!