When change affects an organization, leaders-from the top executive to line supervisors-need to demonstrate effective leadership skills as never before. This is critical to retaining and engaging talented employees so your business can implement new ideas and continue to satisfy your customers. Managing in Times of Change shows how to help your workforce realize the benefits of change and flourish within their new environment and responsibilities.
Twenty-four workplace-proven leadership lessons and tools provide you with a uniquely personal look at the impact of organizational change, detailing strategies to:
- Understand natural reactions to change
- Communicate and personify the benefits of change
- Gather your assets and resources
- Isolate and clarify areas of impact
- Paint a consistent picture of change
- Forge personal goals
- Get team members involved
- Squash the rumor mill
- Empathize without always agreeing
- Measure and celebrate progress
- Improvise, adapt, adjust
- Stand up for people if they are right
Accepting change is never easy, but with the help of this book you'll find new ideas to help your business grow and improve!