Modern Welding is a comprehensive text that has long been the standard for teaching the theory, fundamentals, equipment, and techniques of welding technology.
This text provides thorough coverage of common welding and cutting processes, including:
- Gas tungsten arc welding
- Gas metal arc welding
- Shielded metal arc welding
- Oxyfuel gas welding and cutting
- Plasma arc cutting
- Resistance welding
The text also includes extensive instruction in welding symbol interpretation, weld testing and inspection, and employment in the welding field.
- Prepares students for AWS SENSE Level 1 Entry Welder certification
- Places strong emphasis on all aspects of safety, including respiratory protection
- Is organized so chapters can be assigned sequentially or in a custom order to match course curriculum
- Includes a new chapter detailing underwater cutting and welding equipment and techniques