The 2016 Stationary Fire Pumps Handbook's expert commentary and full-color art provide the full story on fire pumps, tanks, hydrants flow testing, and fire service mains. Keep fire pumps functioning error-free and in compliance with the 2016 Edition of NFPA 20: Standard for the Installation of Stationary Pumps for Fire Protection.
NFPA's new Stationary Fire Pumps Handbook provides advanced guidance relating to all types of water supply availability and reliability. Only this 2016 Edition includes the latest updates to NFPA 20, 100+ full-color illustrations, a pull-out 17 x 10 1/4" full-color schematic of a fire pump installation, and new FAQs from the AHJ's perspective.
Access key information in the Handbook's four easy-to-use sections:
- Part I of this Handbook provides examples of various types of fire pump configurations and explains the purpose of various pertinent components
- Part II presents the full text of 2016 NFPA 20 -- with vertical rules alerting you to new text, and bullets for deletions -- plus guidance and graphics on every aspect of application
- Part III contains text from selected water supply documents with original supporting explanations and advice
- Complete text of the 2016 NFPA 291: Recommended Practice for Fire Flow Testing and Marking of Hydrants and the 2016 NFPA 24: Installation of Private Fire Service Mains and Their Appurtenances Sections 18.4 and 18.5 from the 2015 NFPA 1: Fire Code
- Extracts from the 2013 NFPA 22: Water Tanks for Private Fire Protection; the 2014 NFPA 14: Installation of Standpipe and Hose Systems concerning standpipe water supply; and the 2016 NFPA 13: Installation of Sprinkler Systems addressing sprinkler system demand
Part IV contains valuable Supplements including:
- A new guide to practical application with color schematic
- Updated design and installation of power supplies for electric-driven fire pumps (Article 695 extracted from the 2014 NEC)
- Commissioning forms for fire pumps
- Technical changes from the 2013 to 2016 Edition of NFPA 20
Update your knowledge fast with this one-stop source for water-based system designers, installers, contractors, engineers, facility managers, inspectors, and AHJs!