Significant revisions in the 2008 NFPA 25 boost the service life and effectiveness of all types of water-based systems! Water-based fire protection systems are proven lifesavers, but they only work if they're maintained properly. Maximize system integrity and reliability with NFPA 25: Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance of Water-Based Fire Protection Systems.
Updated with the 2007 NFPA 13, the 2008 NFPA 25 offers the most advanced rules for the care of:
- Fire sprinkler systems
- Standpipe and hose systems
- Fire pumps
- Fire service piping and appurtenances
- Water storage tanks
- Fixed water spray
- And valves
Provisions also address impairment handling and reporting. Guidelines for a performance-based testing option offer an alternate, flexible means of compliance. While the 2002 Standard Edition included performance-based testing on a limited basis in the "equivalency" option, the 2008 NFPA 25 includes practical guidance on how to implement and monitor the process, subject to AHJ approval.
You'll find advice on:
- What variables to take into account when adjusting frequencies
- Which factors to consider in the transition to a performance-based test program
- How to establish a failure rate, complete with suggested calculation methods and examples