Keep pace with the industry's most advanced design and construction rules in the 2009 NFPA 5000. Protect building occupants and contents with updated requirements for construction, protection, and occupancy features needed to minimize danger to life and property. The 2009 NFPA 5000: Building Construction and Safety Code provides complete rules for new construction, building rehab, and safety enforcement.
Major changes to the 2009 Code affect:
- Elevator use for occupant-controlled evacuation
- Dedicated elevators for first responders
- Supplemental evacuation equipment
- Collapse prevention scenario design in the section on performance-based design
- Additional sprinkler mandates for all existing high-rise health care occupancies and all new apartment buildings
- Area of refuge communication systems
- Remoteness of exit access and exit discharge
- Exit stair path markings
- Health care occupancy door locking for patient protective/security needs
- Health care occupancy alcohol-based hand-rub dispenser provisions
- Alarm occupant notification via public address system in assembly occupancies and mercantile malls
Don't take chances, minimize fire damage to your structures by designing and constructing to the NFPA 5000 Building Construction and Safety Code 2009!