Electricity and its dangers are not selective -- they put both experienced and inexperienced workers at deadly risk. Every year some 3,600 workers are permanently disabled, and, on average, one worker per day is killed. Make sure you understand and can apply the strengthened safeguards in the 2009 NFPA 70E that can prevent electrical injuries and deaths. Protect your workers and your business with solid answers and advice in the 2009 NFPA 70E Handbook.
This one-of-a-kind resource paves the way to a safe, injury-free jobsite! Organized to bring you life-saving answers on the spot, the 2009 NFPA 70E Handbook starts out with a quick guide to Handbook use on the inside covers. Then, every page is loaded with the clear explanations and rationale you need to apply NFPA 70E and ace OSHA compliance.
Like NFPA's renowned NEC Handbook, the NFPA 70E Handbook features summaries of major changes by chapter, and a table of contents by article. Easy-to-understand commentary clears up areas of complexity and provides invaluable insights. The Handbook also includes the full 2009 NFPA 70E text for convenient reference!
The Handbook's thorough explanations and wealth of photographs, illustrations, and tables provide everything you need to:
- Mitigate burn and shock risks by correctly following revised work practices -- including revised Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements for H/R Category 1
- Protect workers engaged in a broader range of tasks and in more occupancies
- Reduce the chances of deadly oversights with tips for compliance with the new rules for multi-employer relationships
- Ensure workers select appropriate PPE and that lockout/tagout procedures and other key protection measures are performed properly
- Be prepared for audits and reviews
- Keep adequate records and comply with OSHA by correctly following the new recordkeeping requirements for training and safety program audits
First-time commentary only in this edition covers electrical worker protection in R&D laboratories (new Article 350). Commentary also guides your use of the expanded table in Article 130.
Avoid tragedies on the job with the answers and full support in the 2009 NFPA 70E Handbook -- direct from the Standard source! A must-have for company owners, safety directors, safety trainers, supervisors, project managers, and everyone concerned with electrical safety in industrial, commercial, or institutional environments.