Fully updated to reflect the broad changes that have occurred in the aviation industry, the new edition of this classic text offers definitive guidance on every aspect of airport planning and design.
Find unmatched coverage of:
- The geometric design of landing areas
- Air traffic control systems
- Airport security
- Demand forecasting
- Airport financing
- Environmental assessment
- Terminal and ground access system planning
- Heliport and vertiport design
- And much more!
Filled with example problems, detailed illustrations, up-to-date references, data tables, charts, and the latest thinking on key subjects, Planning and Design of Airports offers complete coverage of all the significant changes that have recently taken place in air traffic control, airport security, and aircraft navigation systems, particularly those utilizing the global positioning system.
The new Fifth Edition features:
- New procedures and equipment for airport security
- Innovative ideas and methods for rehabilitating facilities
- New guidelines for airport master planning and terminal design
- The latest satellite navigation systems utilizing the global positioning system (GPS)
- Geographic information systems (GIS) in airport planning and environmental studies
- Updated information on transportation facility design
- A wealth of international standards, organizations, examples, and practices
Widely recognized as the field's standard text, this time-tested, expertly written reference is the best and most trusted source of information on current practice, techniques, and innovations in airport planning and design!