Interior Design is often combining function and art in a delicate balance. Running an interior design business requires balancing different elements and often a different skill set. This two-part book gives you the step-by-step practices of the business side of the interior design business.
The book, the first and most' respected in the field, continues to be a must for all interior designers, architects, space planners, and certainly students.
Features four sections to prepare you to become an interior designer, or to help you run your interior design business:
- Part 1 of this complete guide discusses how to establish an interior design practice.
- Part 2 describes how to carry a job though and charge for it. Includes valuable checklists to help the designer handle initial contacts with the client, descriptions of the use of combination of fees and allocation of budget amounts, as well as three completely new chapters on analysis of scope of services, as well as approaches to the flat fee, and handling sales taxes.
- The special requirements of nonresidential work are covered in Part 3. Here too, the chapter on letters of agreement has been completely revised by Alan M. Siegel, and the discussion of the designer's responsibilities for purchases has been expanded.
- In Part 4 the Siegels examine forms, techniques, and special factors including actual examples of the specialized procedural forms used in the design office. The chapter on insurance has been expanded and completely revised, including a discussion of errors and omissions coverage.
- Also included is a new chapter, The Interior Designer as a Product Designer.
This book should be required reading for all designers or students, who want reasonable remuneration for their knowledge, flair, and hard work. Allan M. Siegel, a partner in the law firm of Levy and Sonet, which is legal counsel to the American Society of Interior Designers, Inc., has completely revised the chapter on residential letters of agreement.
You can't afford to pass up this valuable professional resource!