From the editors of Fine Homebuilding magazine brings you quick computer access to 37 articles and 14 videos. Here's a great way to get all the information you need to repair and renovate an old house - all captured on a compact, searchable DVD.
The editors of Fine Homebuilding have selected 37 of the very best articles on this topic appearing in past magazines and books, each one a faithful reproduction of the original. Plus 14 exceptional videos featuring over an hour's worth of valuable demonstrations.
From structural repairs and masonry, to porches and windows, to plumbing and electrical, you'll discover everything you need to make an old house as good as new -- inside and out. And since many old houses were designed and built differently from those today -- using unfamiliar tools and techniques or wood and materials that are now hard to find -- we give you all the details and directions you'll need to handle every aspect of the job with confidence.
Here's an example of what you'll find:
- Discover how to rejuvenate an old porch, restore a window sash and repair everything from wood and epoxy to rotted trim
- Master the techniques involved in cutting and soldering copper pipe, working with old wiring and replacing a toilet
- Get the inside scoop on restoring old floors, repairing old plaster, interior trim, period moldings, and painting old walls and ceilings to look like new
- Learn how to replace a rotted mudsill, three basic shoring techniques and six ways to stiffen a bouncy floor
- Find out how to point stonework, re-point old brick and replace a chimney cap
- Walk through the entire process of assessing an old house with renovation guru George Nash, in one of our valuable videos