Learn to design and build steel-framed residential structures that are energy efficient, low in cost, and easy to build. Using examples from award-winning houses, this clear, step-by-step guide provides everything a residential contractor needs to know to build a steel-framed house quickly and easily.
The book will enable you to:
- Select the right materials and tools
- Use energy-efficient HVAC units, appliances, and lighting
- Choose the best windows and doors
- Optimize landscaping and solar design
- Overcome steel's thermal deficiencies through proper design and insulation
- Surpass the energy efficiency of traditional building materials
- Conduct your own Model Energy Code energy analysis for compliance with HUD regulations
- Explore CABO- and UBC-approved steel framing details for a complete two-bedroom house plan
If you are looking to build a steel frame home, let this book show you how!