Join the BIM Revolution! Revit Architecture is transforming how architectural models are designed and documented, and this is the perfect guide for quickly becoming productive with this industry-leading BIM solution. This practical reference and tutorial begins with a theoretical overview of BIM, explains the principles of Revit, and then delves into all of Revit's essential tools. You will first get acquainted with Revit's intuitive interface, and then through a series of challenging architectural exercises, you will learn how to model, document, present, and share your design ideas.
This concise introduction to Revit is based on real-world architectural scenarios. The expert authors are architects whose years of experience with BIM technology has resulted in these pages of impressive examples, practical explanations, and in-depth and detailed tutorials. It's the perfect resource for readers of all skill levels who need to quickly accomplish vital Revit tasks.
Inside you'll learn about:
- BIM and its advantages over traditional drafting
- The basics of parametric modeling and the Revit philosophy
- How to start and develop a design and move it to construction documentation
- The secrets to creating inspiring presentations
- The best ways to exchange and share your design with others
- Produce fully detailed working drawings
- Automatically generate color-fill plans
- Deliver compelling graphic presentations
Comes with a valuable companion CD!