Whether you want to refinish an old floor or sand and coat a new one, this video is your practical guide to a beautiful surface. Don Bollinger has been teaching pros and first-timers his proven techniques and trade secrets for almost two decades.
In this video, he sands and finishes oak strip flooring in his own living room, kitchen, dining room and hallway, showing you step by step how to achieve a durable, blemish-free surface.
By watching Bollinger you'll learn how to:
- Prepare an old or new floor for sanding
- Load and confidently operate tilt and lever-action sanders
- Control an edger to sand the perimeter of a room
- Remove edger and drum marks caused by sanding mistakes
- Trowel on filler to hide small cracks
- Select the right finish for your floor
- And apply a tough, attractive finish
This video is the companion to Bollinger's video workshop Laying Hardwood Floors. In addition, both tapes are keyed to Bollinger's book, Hardwood Floors, where you'll find techniques for laying, sanding and finishing a variety of hardwood floors.