Standard Handbook for Electrical Engineers edited by Donald G. Fink and H. Wayne Beaty, packs the expertise of over 60 best-of-breed contributors. Considered the worlds foremost electrical engineering "bible", this is still the only single-volume guide to the entire field of electricity its manufacture, transmission, distribution, measurement, and use.
Brimming with solutions to day-to-day problems in electrical system design, operation and maintenance, this unmatched resource arms you with:
- Fast-access data on units and definitions
- Standards communications
- Properties of materials used in manufacturing electrical equipment and components
- Computer applications
- The economics of electrical systems
- Wiring design for commercial and industrial buildings
- Electrochemistry and electrometallurgy
- And much more!
You also get up to speed on:
- High-voltage transmission systems
- Residential, commercial, and industrial power applications that deliver more efficient motors, lighting and transportation
- Energy conservation and efficient energy use
- Alternate energy sources such as solar and geothermal power, and energy storage systems
- Electric utility industry changes -- including competition and how they affect operations, maintenance, and engineering methods
- Technological changes in instrumentation, metering, generation (especially nuclear and gas turbines), insulating materials, power quality, and more!