Fully updated with the most recent design codes, standards, and specifications, the Structural Steel Designer's Handbook provides a convenient, single source of the latest information essential to the practical design of steel structures. This comprehensive volume begins by covering the properties of structural steel and the fundamentals of fabrications and erection.
Modern structural design methods applicable to buildings and other structures, such as roof systems and various types of bridges, are presented. Details on the design of members -- beams, columns, and tension components -- and of bolted and welded connections are also included. Featuring contributions from renowned engineering experts, this is an invaluable working tool for structural steel designers.
Based on the latest design standards, codes, and specifications:
- ANSI/AISC 360-10 -- Unified LRFD and ASD Specification
- ANSI/AISI S100 -- Specification for Cold-Formed Members
- SEI/ASCE 7-10 -- Wind, Seismic, and Live Loads, Consolidated into the International Code Council (ICC) International Building Code (IBC)
- AASHTO Highway Bridge Design Standards
- ASTM Material Standards
- AREMA Railroad Bridge Design Specifications
If you design structural steel systems, this book has all the modern structural design methods applicable to buildings and other structures you'll need!