Continuing the sterling standard set by earlier editions, this indispensable reference leads you through the complete design of a wood structure (except for the foundation), following the same sequence used in the actual design/construction process.
- Wood Buildings and Design Criteria
- Design Loads
- Properties of Wood and Lumber Grades
- Structural Glued Laminated Timber
- Beam Design
- Axial Forces and Combined Bending
- Wood Structural Panels
- Horizontal Diaphragms
- Wood Connections -- Background
- Nailed and Stapled Connections
- Bolts, Lag Bolts, and other Connectors
- Connection Hardware
- Diaphragm-to-Shearwall Anchorage
- Advanced Topics in Lateral Force Design
Reflects provisions of the 2012 (IBC) International Building Code and 2012 (NDS) National Design Specification for Wood Construction provisions, and combines dual-format ASD/LRFD specifications, equations, and problems throughout. Includes ASCE 7-10 load standard provisions.