2015 Greenbook: Standard Specifications for Public Works Construction
Published every three years, this 2015 Edition represents the most comprehensive and important update in over a decade. Over 30 major changes have been added since the 2012 Edition. This new edition of the Greenbook is more consistent with Caltrans while going, in some ways, beyond the scope of Caltrans to meet the needs of local agencies more completely.
The 2015 Edition adds new specifications for water system facilities and appurtenances and includes:
- An extensive revision of Section 306: Underground Conduit Construction, to address construction of both gravity and pressure pipelines
- A new Part 6: Temporary Traffic Control
- A new Part 7: Traffic Signal and Street Lighting Systems
- And a new Part 8: Landscaping and Irrigation
The Greenbook is adopted by many municipalities for providing standard construction specifications on public works construction. It's especially useful when comparing competitive bids among contractors, or for contractors in making sure their bids conform to required specs.
Order Your 2015 Greenbook: Standard Specifications for Public Works Construction today!
The Greenbook is designed to aid in furthering uniformity of plans and specifications accepted and used by those involved in public works construction and to take such other steps as are designed to promote more competitive bidding by private contractors.
This book provides specifications that have general applicability to public works projects:
- Roadway Surfacing
- Metal Fabrication and Construction
- Underground Conduit Construction
- Street Lighting and Traffic Signals
- Landscaping and Irrigation Installation
- Pavement Market Placement and Removal
Please note: Standard Specifications for Public Works Construction, popularly known as the "The Greenbook" does NOT test or approve products. It is the function of public agencies and private project owners that utilize the Greenbook to determine whether products proposed by a contractor satisfy the Greenbook specifications or the Special Provisions.
Any bonafide member of the Southern California Chapter of AGC, APWA, ECA, or SCCA is entitled to the "Member Public Agencies" prices. To receive your member discount, please place your order by calling toll free (1-888-264-2665).