2021 International Wildland-Urban Interface Code®
Product Code/ISBN: 3850S21
Save Liquid error (product-badge line 32): Computation results to '-Infinity'%
The 2021 International Wildland-Urban Interface Code contains provisions addressing fire spread, accessibility, defensible space, water supply and more for buildings constructed near wildland areas. The IWUIC:
- Establishes regulations to safeguard life and property from the intrusion of wildland fire and to prevent structure fires from spreading to wildland fuels.
- Regulates defensible space, and provides ignition-resistant construction requirements to protect against fire exposure and resist ignition by burning embers.
- Provides standards for emergency access, water supply and fire protection.
- Provides requirements for automatic fire suppression and safe storage practices.
- Is founded on data collected from tests and fire incidents, technical reports and mitigation strategies from around the world.