2021 NFPA 4, Standard for Integrated Fire Protection and Life Safety System Testing
Access the latest criteria for ensuring that interconnected fire protection and life safety systems function properly with NFPA 4, 2021 Edition.
In the event of fires and other emergencies, it is critical that integrated fire protection and life safety systems are tested to confirm the interaction, operation, and coordination between multiple individual systems and that they perform their intended function. NFPA 4, Standard for Integrated Fire Protection and Life Safety System Testing, specifies the roles and responsibilities for integrated testing team members and provides a framework for test scenarios.
Used in conjunction with NFPA 3, Standard for Commissioning of Fire Protection and Life Safety Systems, this document provides requirements for integrated testing, responsibilities of team members, minimum methods of testing, and documentation for both new and existing systems from pre-occupancy and through the lifecycle of a building.
NFPA 4 has comprehensive chapters on:
- General requirements, including fundamental principles, integrated system testing team responsibilities and qualifications, and the test plan
- Test methods, issues logs, and corrective action reports
- Test frequencies, including separate provisions for an initial integrated systems test, periodic integrated systems testing, and existing system modifications
- Explanatory material and a sample integrated test plan
- The updated edition of NFPA 4 is your source for cutting edge information on integrated system testing.
NFPA 4, Standard for Integrated Fire Protection and Life Safety System Testing, provides facility managers, insurance professionals, integrated testing agents (ITa), authorities having jurisdiction (AHJs), and other stakeholders in the testing process with an outline for integrated testing when it is required by design documents, commissioning plans, governing laws, codes, regulations, or standards.
Make sure buildings and occupants are protected and your integrated systems are compliant to the latest standard.
NFPA 4, Standard for Integrated Fire Protection and Life Safety System Testing, is your resource for validating the operational readiness and sequencing of integrated safety systems. Order your copy of the 2021 Edition today!