AWS D1.1/D1.1M: Structural Welding Code - Steel, 2020 Edition
The world's best reference for structural steel welding!
Dozens of updates to the AWS D1.1 Structural Welding Code - Steel make this 2020 Edition indispensable for anyone designing, building, or inspecting steel structures and products.
For everyone involved in any phase of welding steel structures - engineers, detailers, fabricators, erectors, inspectors, etc. - the new 604-page edition of the AWS D1.1 Structural Welding Code spells out the requirements for design, procedures, qualification, fabrication, inspection, and repair.
A wide range of projects, repairs, and product forms come under its authority, including pipe, plate, and structural shapes that are subject to either static or cyclical stresses.
The 2020 AWS D1.1/D1.1M: Structural Welding Code includes:
- Design of tubular and nontubular welded connections
- Prequalification of welding procedures
- Qualification of new procedures and personnel
- Fabrication requirements, including base metals, consumables and tolerances
- Inspection requirements and acceptance criteria for various examination methods
- Stud welding design, production, and inspection requirements
- Strengthening and repair of existing structures
- An extensive commentary annex that provides time-saving interpretation
- Dozens of valuable reference tables, charts, and forms
- And much more!
D1.1 has been mandated by local, state, and overseas codes, approved by ANSI, adopted by the Defense Department, preferred by NASA, and required by contracts for countless industrial and construction applications. Content has been written with input from expert contributors and reviewers and is intended to represent the most current practices. This new edition includes many improvements, including:
- Redefined effective weld sizes of flare groove welds
- Expanded list of prequalified steels to include steels used in pre-erected buildings
- Welder qualification for small-diameter complete-joint TYK pipe connections
- Reduced restrictions on electrogas and electroslag welding
- Clarification of inspector’s roles regarding procedure verification and in-process inspections