Building Code Essentials, 2021 Edition
Building Code Essentials: Based on the 2021 International Building Code is aimed at all user levels, including first-time users, veteran code users and other professionals such as architects, designers, and contractors. It explores the most important concepts of the IBC and the most commonly encountered building practices in a straightforward, easy-to-understand manner. Users of the code can achieve a more complete understanding of the code’s requirements and the intent and application behind those provisions. New users of the code can build a solid foundation for learning and applying the code’s requirements.. This valuable publication is an up-to-date, step-by-step guide to understanding and using the 2021 IBC’s provisions.
This new edition features:
- Updated content accurately reflects the requirements of the 2021 International Building Code®
- Detailed, full-color illustrations and tables enhance the reader’s comprehension and help users visualize and understand the code requirements
- "Code Essentials” and “You Should Know” topics reinforce the content and offer helpful snapshots of the code basics
- A glossary of code and construction terms clarifies critical terminology, explaining it in the context of the code
- Detailed, real-world examples facilitate the user’s comprehension of code application and methods of determining code compliance