Energy Code Essentials 2021 Edition
This publication is an indispensable tool for designers, builders, inspectors and plans examiners who focus on the importance of energy conservation in building design and construction. A straightforward, easy-to-read companion to the 2021 International Energy Conservation Code® (IECC ®), it is ideal for both beginning and experienced code users. Energy Code Essentials provides reliable information on critical energy code applications in the office and in the field for residential and commercial construction. The focused coverage examines those code provisions essential to understanding how to apply the IECC to the most commonly encountered building practices and discusses the reasons behind the code provisions. The book’s organized, user-friendly and practical approach makes it a critical addition to any professional collection.
- Updated content accurately reflecting the requirements of the 2021 IECC
- Detailed, full-color illustrations and tables that enhance comprehension of code provisions and assist in visualizing complex issues
- Practical, on-the-job scenarios providing real-world context and explanations for applying the code
- Helpful references to corresponding code sections in the IECC
- “Code Essentials” and “You Should Know” topics that reinforce the content and offer helpful snapshots of basic concepts
- Glossary of code and construction terms clarifying their meaning in the context of the code