Estimating Building Costs for Residential and Light Commercial 3rd Edition
Few aspects of a construction project are more fundamental than the cost estimate, which can mean the difference between a professionally executed project and a financial and legal disaster. Properly handled, a construction cost estimate can protect both the contractor and the client from losing money on a project. The estimate is the first step toward a successful project. For contractors, therefore, the knowledge required to construct an accurate price estimate is critical.
Estimating Building Costs for the Residential and Light Commercial Construction Professional provides this knowledge in a thorough and comprehensive guide. It takes readers step-by-step through the process of constructing a cost estimate, and provides guidance for incorporating cost estimates into budgeting, scheduling, project management, and more. The result is a fundamental guide to this critical aspect of the construction industry.
Readers of the third edition of Estimating Building Costs for the Residential and Light Commercial Construction Professional will also find:
- Fully updated text to reflect the new CSI MASTERFORMAT™ 2020
- Analysis of cost considerations, quantity takeoff, pricing, and more
- Step-by-step guidance for developing a comprehensive cost estimate
- All-new sections covering scope of work, wage scales in the US, and a project overhead checklist
- Considerations for adding profit and contingencies to an estimate
Estimating Building Costs for the Residential and Light Commercial Construction Professional is an essential resource for contractors in residential and light commercial construction, as well as students studying construction management and construction estimating.