Green Facilities: Industrial and Commercial LEED Certification
A valuable strategy and planning resource for saving money and energy by implementing sustainable production and business operations. The book is essential for business owners, facility managers, plant engineers, production managers, architects, engineers, and anyone responsible for controlling industrial/commercial facility costs or designing new industrial facilities.
- Includes quick reference information for selecting and assessing the most worthwhile green opportunities for a business
- Provides detailed reviews and resources for the most commonly used sustainability and conservation practices in industrial facilities in the U.S.
- Presents a broad, diverse collection of industrial/commercial sustainability strategies that can save energy and aid in cost cutting
- Contains specific industry resources for each strategy to provide more detailed product and cost information and assist with implementation
- LEED certification and other sustainability programs
- Indoor health and thermal comfort
- Utilities, including renewable energy and on-site energy generation
- Operations -- indoor chemicals, water management, lighting, cleaning, and more
- Building features, such as doors, windows, loading docks, insulation, and air infiltration
- Exterior features, including landscaping, paving, shading, siding, roofing, and more
- Web resources, software, and government and utility programs
Whether you're looking into LEED certification for your industrial or commercial building, or just saving energy in the running of your facility, this reference offers a practical path towards sustainability for any business!