Leadership in the Era of Economic Uncertainty
This book helps you steer your business through the minefield of contracting markets, cash shortages, and ongoing uncertainty. No matter what your leadership role, Charan's insight will help ensure that your business emerges leaner, stronger, and well in front of the competition.
"We will not know when we have turned the corner, and we cannot envision the shape and scope of the world that will emerge," Charan writes. "What we can be sure of is that this is a time of tumultuous change, and with change come both danger and opportunity."
In this concise and highly accessible guide, the author provides practical actions you can execute immediately to:
- Protect cash flow vigilantly, even daily, and use cash more efficiently
- Use ground intelligence to survive the storm and position your business to thrive in the aftermath
- Develop a better understanding of your customers
- Reevaluate your pricing strategy and capital expenditures
- Use cost cutting strategically
Using examples and case studies, Leadership in the Era of Economic Uncertainty illustrates how leaders at DuPont, Hanesbrands, Wipro, and other companies used Charan's techniques to get results. The chaos of global economic meltdown has imposed an urgency you have never before experienced. It's a scary thing, but it can also be exciting -- if you're prepared.