Leadership When the Heat is On: 24 Lessons
People aren't born to be high-performing leaders; instead, they need to learn to develop the time-proven characteristics of great leadership. Leadership When the Heat is On shows you how to acquire these characteristics, motivate your people, and achieve remarkable results across your organization-particularly during times of change and stress. This quick-hitting, hands-on rulebook is chock-full of hard-won advice and action steps for keeping your cool under pressure and inspiring incredible performance from your team.
You'll see how to:
- Start turning problems into opportunities that can enhance your career
- Practice "humanagement" -- using the job to develop the person while having fun in the process
- Overcome your team's roadblocks to goal achievement
- Develop an organization with free-flowing, two-way communication, from top-to-bottom
- Know the signs of low morale, take immediate action to counteract the causes, and make strategic plans to keep spirits from falling again
- Encourage inspired thinking by relaxing old rules of conformity and publicly recognizing new ideas
Leadership When the Heat is On prepares you to meet all leadership challenges, whether anticipated or unexpected!