Managing Residential Construction Projects
Residential construction projects are notorious for being over budget and behind schedule, and the industry is in dire need of an effective solution. This highly visual resource provides just that -- customizable solutions that work in a real-world construction environment. It is a solid blueprint for using project management to gain control over quality, cost, and schedule early in the process, before problems happen.
Managing Residential Construction Projects provides you with an effective, real-world blueprint for using project management tools to gain control over quality, cost, and schedule. Construction expert Derek Graham addresses the practical issues behind budget and scheduling problems, providing you with the expertise to anticipate crises before they arise and develop a residential construction process that flows more smoothly and efficiently.
Offering a unique visual presentation that delivers at-a-glance solutions, the author shows you step by step how to:
- Customize a project management strategy for your specific needs
- Create a model for bids and project cycles
- Establish administrative models for each project type
- Use staff and facilities to best advantage
- Deal effectively with clients, vendors, and subcontractors
- Resolve disputes among team members, clients, design professionals, and managers
- Troubleshoot problems such as errors and omissions, change orders, delays, quality control failures, and litigation
This book provides the skills needed to take charge of residential construction jobs:
- Project Management Strategy
- Cost Estimating
- Scheduling and Planning
- Contract Management
- Construction Management
- Business Tools
- Crisis and Siege Management
- Resolving Conflicts
If you're looking for practical advice you can put to good use -- you need this guide!